Thursday, September 2, 2010

Wisdom and our Coming Destiny

Psalm 90:12 "So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom."

God's people walk a trail that is a trail of ever-growing wisdom. The longer we live the less our hearts imagine our soul treasure to be here on earth, and the more we are convinced that the fair and happy eternal land beyond the distant sunset is where our joy lies. Our eyes yearn to see, and our souls strain to know, the bliss and beauty of that land. Wisdom indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Pastor John
    Everytime I would visit my Grandmother in Southern Il as well as my Aunt and 2 cousins (one of them is the one who listened to you on the internet and said cuz this church is good..remember?) She told me to remember this verse and chapter in Psalms. Well I am glad she did as her wisdom made me realize my days were numbered when I had those horrible surgeries 4 years ago. It was then that I asked God if my days were numbered and if eternal life would follow? My Grandmother was always a insperation to me. She would always say to me Carolyn Sue I also know Psalm 119 is a very long chapter and you also need to memorize that if you can. Well I never could get past verse 15. But she was never dissappointed in me. I try and read some of that chapter every day in my morning Devotionals because of her.
    So I say Thank You for letting me remember my Grandmother tonight by reading this passage in Psalms 90:2
    God Bless
    Carolyn Foshage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet memories bring sweet inspiration

    ReplyDelete