1. Gratitude for the mercy and patience of God in my life.
2. Joy because of my salvation in and through the person and work of Jesus Christ.
3. Renewed confidence over the strong and secure revelatory message the Lord gives in Scripture.
4. Anticipation for the new year thinking of what the Lord will do.
5. A projected delight in the coming eschatological blessing that will be mine in death in eternity.
No matter what kind of year some of us have had, we can, and should, rejoice in these five gifts that the Lord gives to His children. Happy end of the year!